Individual Therapy in Media, PA
What should I do?
Has this question been nagging at you, maybe keeping you up at night for way too long?
At some point for most of us, life throws us a curveball (or two or three). Some big unexpected change happens, a challenge we thought we could handle has become unmanageable, or an obstacle to the life we want seems to be unmovable - and we’re just stuck. It’s agonizing and seems like there’s no way out.
Do any of these sound familiar?
- I want my marriage to work, but I’ve been miserable for so long. We’ve been struggling a lot and have talked about divorce. We tried marriage counseling but it didn’t get us anywhere.
- She says I’m the one who needs therapy but she’s the one who’s picking fights all the time and seems to twist it all around and make it my fault. She’s always insulting me and putting me down. I think she’s depressed or anxious or something - and this all feels like emotional and verbal abuse.
- Our fighting really upsets the children. One of them is even having behavioral issues at school. The guidance counselor reached out and is concerned. I have no work/life balance and I’m feeling a lot of anxiety (and have for years). I’m not sleeping. This is not the life I want. It seems like I’ve read everything, tried everything, but things just aren’t getting better.
- I have so much going on right now but I don’t like talking about my problems with others, I don’t like venting or burdening others with my life. Up until now, I’ve been able to handle it all but lately I’ve been really irritable and snapping at my family. Like random outbursts… and I feel horrible! This isn’t like me. This isn’t who I want to be. I want to figure out what is causing this and get it to stop. I want my old self back.
- My boss is just awful! She is so incompetent and everything falls to me. Should I stay in this job, or find something else? Some of my best friends are at work and I don’t want to leave them, but I really can’t stand it anymore.
- I just don’t get my family. I’m not like any of them. I really want to have a relationship with them but they make it so hard, with all the stuff they do and the things they say. They don’t accept me for who I am. In fact, I don’t even think they know me. To them I’m just a constant disappointment. They expect me to be a certain way, but that’s just not me, it’s not who I am.
- I have struggled with anxiety and depression for most of my life. I’m just tired of feeling like this. I would like to find a new therapist and really don’t want to have to take medication.
Does it seem you have to figure it out all by yourself?
If so, I totally get that. In working with high performing adults for over 20 years, so many of my clients have a strong independent streak that for the most part has served them really well and has even been the source of their success.
However, as you may have started to notice, going it alone has its limits. Especially when it comes to relationship challenges, emotions, and chronic long-term problems.
Can someone else really help me with this?
Maybe you’ve tried to talk to your friends or family to get help with what your dealing with – only to discover time and again, that they have way too many opinions, the same old advice, or that they actually aren’t really listening to you.
You’ve probably noticed that when you try to be heard by others, what you’re saying quickly kicks up some similar situation they’ve experienced. You end up hearing about their life and what they would do if they were in your shoes. Ugh.
Unfortunately this same lack of listening and irrelevant advice-giving can happen even when you seek help from trained professionals, even therapists. Invalidating experiences like these can leave you doubtful that anyone will ever be able to actually listen, understand what you are uniquely experiencing, and be truly helpful.
Are you ready to try something different?
If you’re tired of going it alone and you haven’t found someone you trust who listens to you and is 100% focused on your wants and needs, I can help.
First and foremost, our work together will involve deep listening and understanding. We will explore who and what is important to you. Only you are the expert on your life, and only you can effectively determine what you want for yourself and what is possible for you.
I will help you, maybe for the first time in your life, get in touch with your values, your passions, and what you uniquely want. We will use your unique vision for your unique life as our compass in working through whatever challenges, opportunities, and curveballs life has tossed your way.
In our time together you will experience breathing room and space to imagine, hope, and dream. I will offer you validation, empathy, and understanding for whatever you are experiencing and whatever you are wanting.
From this place of clarity and deep understanding, we will explore fresh perspectives and new actions you can try in order to make your life into what you want it to be.
Transformation starts in our very first session, and when you begin to take new actions and try new strategies and skills, that is when you’ll really experience your life changing and transformation happening.
I’ll be there every step of the way. Together we will reflect on what you noticed, what worked for you, what didn’t, and what you want to try next time. In this way, step-by-step, we’ll support you in building the life and relationships you’ve always wanted to have.
Let’s get started
There’s no time like the present, and the longer you put this off, the longer you suffer – and who wants that?
You do not need to figure this out alone. I can help you. Together we can get your life back on track and get you taking meaningful and satisfying action in your life.
If you are committed to doing the work, you CAN achieve peace within yourself, harmony in your relationships, and have the life you want.
Give me a call today. Together we will figure it out.