Does it feel like your life is falling apart?
Are you totally frustrated because you are really smart, but no matter what you try, your relationships with people you care about just seem to be getting worse (or even falling apart)?
Did you always imagine that you would have your life together by now, that you’d have a great career, a happy family, and lots of good friends? And yet some part of your dream just isn't happening?
Does it feel like you’ve tried everything and nothing’s working?
Are you really hard on yourself?
Growing up, was it not okay to have feelings? Did you feel punished, ignored, or put down when you tried to share the anger, frustration, or sadness happening inside of you?
(If this sounds familiar, unfortunately it's all too common and you're not alone.)
Are you a fixer?
In working with high performing adults for over 20 years, I've found that when bright people are raised in families where their basic needs are met, but their feelings aren’t welcome, we get really good at using our brains to fix our problems. We think our way out of difficulties, and usually we become pretty darn successful at whatever we set our minds to.
While this “all thinking, fixing, and problem solving” approach to life does work for a while, unfortunately it eventually fails us, and often it fails us big time!
Our spouses complain that they want more intimacy and emotional connection, our children push us away when we try give them good advice, and people at work get tired of us “doing it all” ourselves because we know we can do the work better and faster, we know we can, and we must, because there just isn’t enough time.
You CAN have the life you want
But probably not by doing more of what you’ve already been doing – and probably not by simply hoping it will all get better – and probably not by working with a therapist who just listens to you session after session, maybe pointing out a few insights here and there.
What you need is someone who can stand in your shoes, really listen, and help you clarify what you want for your on unique and precious life.
You need someone who will help you uncover what has influenced and shaped you into the person you are today so that if you want to, you can free yourself from the past that is holding you back.
You need someone who will offer you strategies customized to your unique situation and goals. And you need practical things that you can do right away in order to make your life better today and in the future.
I am that someone. I am that therapist and coach.
Things you no longer need to figure out alone...
- How can I be calmer and less anxious all the time?
- How do I get out of this depression?
- How do I keep my emotions from whipping me around all the time?
- How can I make the arguing stop?
- This relationship is so bad, but I can't leave. What do I do?
- Should I get divorced or not?
- How in the world am I going to get through this awful divorce?
- Do I tell my family and friends this secret I've been holding onto? If so, how?
- How do I stop snapping at people and crying at work?
- How do I move on after this breakup?
- How do I deal with always being yelled at and criticized by my partner?
- How do I make sure I don't ever make that mistake again?
- How can I get along with my family?
- How do I make my partner listen to me?
I can help you
Together we can get your life back on track.
I can show you how to reconnect and build good relationships with your spouse, your kids, your coworkers, and most importantly, with yourself (I know that may sound woo woo, but you’ll totally get it once you’ve experienced it).
The work isn’t easy, and it isn’t intuitive. If it were, you're be doing it already.
What you’ll learn in our work together will also take regular practice on your part and a commitment to experimenting with new ways of doing things in your daily life.
When you do the work, this works
If you are ready to start building and living the life you have already worked so hard to achieve… If you are committed to doing the work, you CAN achieve peace within yourself, and have the life you want.
You don't need to figure this out alone.
Give me a call today and let’s get you the life you want!
My mission is to help each of my clients enjoy their unique life to the fullest by helping you to:
- BE more present for the life you already are living so that you can make wise choices and...
- DO more of the things that are meaningful and satisfying to you, so that you may...
- THRIVE in your life and relationships!